Saturday was a 'get to know you again' day and a Cornbelter's game. Sunday - CHURCH! We were all excited to have him back and to go to church together.The first week was busy. S needed to get back into the routine of school. We do homeschooling all year around - so it was 'back to the grind'!

Also, B helped S do his job charts. I'm not sure either boy was excited about this partnership!! It did make the rest of us smile a LOT!
When the jobs were done, and the school (mostly) finished for the week, next was the traditional weekend movie night. S requested to watch 'The Chosen", so we did that plus a Disney movie!

THEN, the honeymoon ended! First, a couple of yelling fits (followed by a quick apology!)
Next, 'mr.sticky.fingers' came back. Silly stuff: a comb, some D-rings, soap, spray paint. He started going off on his own - (against his safety plan)...but always followed with 'I'm sorry. I'm trying, it's just hard."
The glass on the left side is now exposed. Andrew most likely will try to caulk it, just to keep the glass in and keep Samuel safe from getting cut (or cutting himself). Again "I'm sorry Mom & Dad. I wasn't in my right mind. I'm so sorry. I messed up. I goofed."
FRUSTRATING - the window is a special order size (it was clearance years ago when we bought it) so of course - between seeing RED and being so upset, we are seeing $$$$$$
Of course - true to form, he apologizes. And, I wonder how in the WORLD does God forgive me - when I sin, and apologize, and sin, and apologize, and sin, and.... over and over and over.
On a side note - big brother Joseph was AMAZING in talking to Samuel. My favorite part of all that - Joseph said "Samuel. You and I are a LOT alike. We are both very stubborn." (I'd like to end there - but I'll respect Joseph and continue) "We can use that stubborn spirit for bad stuff, or we can choose to use it for good! Being determined can be a blessing - so make good choices."






No comments:
Post a Comment