We are so excited that you have decided to look into the life of the Normal Beaty Bunch. We hope that these words will encourage you to fall passionately in love with Jesus and follow him with your whole life and heart!
RSS

Monday, June 26, 2023

Just a few days away

Samuel comes home in just a few short days.  

I'm not sure he's ready yet.  I know WE are not ready yet.  I want him to succeed.  I don't know if he can. 


Sunday's sermon talked about being good stewards - of my time, resources, even my talents.   Yeah, yeah yeah, I get that.  I've known that for years.  So I put my Bible away - but the preacher wasn't done preaching!  He then talked about being a good steward of my struggles and sufferings.  
(ok - now he's meddling)

I struggle with God allowing Samuel to come home before *I* am comfortable with his progress.  What if he fails? How do I trust God, if Samuel fails?  

Sometimes I 'hold onto' songs as encouragements - This one is my heart this week.

"This We Know"

You are who say You are
You'll do what You say You'll do
You'll be who You've always been to us
Jesus
Our hope is in You alone
Our strength in Your mighty name
Our peace in the darkest day remains
Jesus

This we know
We will see the enemy run
This we know
We will see the victory come
We hold on to every promise You ever made
Jesus, You are unfailing

Our God through the wilderness
And our joy in the heaviness
Our way when it seems there is no way
Jesus

This we know
We will see the enemy run
This we know
We will see the victory come
We hold on to every promise You ever made
Jesus, You are unfailing

We trust You, we trust You
Your ways are higher than our own
We trust You, we trust You
Your ways are higher than our own
We trust You, we trust You
Your ways are higher than our own
We trust You
In all things we trust You
Your ways are mightier than our own

This we know
We will see the enemy run
This we know
We will see the victory come
We hold on to every promise You ever made
Jesus, You are unfailing
This we know
We will see the enemy run
This we know
We will see the victory come
We hold on to every promise You ever made
Jesus, You are unfailing
Jesus, You are unfailing

We trust You, we trust You
Your ways are higher than our own
We trust You, we trust You
Your ways are higher than our own

We trust You
In all things we trust You
Your ways are higher than our own
Forever we trust You
We trust You
Your ways are higher than our own

No comments:

Post a Comment