We are so excited that you have decided to look into the life of the Normal Beaty Bunch. We hope that these words will encourage you to fall passionately in love with Jesus and follow him with your whole life and heart!
RSS

Monday, January 24, 2011

Sometimes God confuses me...

...but I'm sure I never confuse God!

I read Pastor Brian Bill's sermon from yesterday at Pontiac Bible church and have become more confused as I've meditated on James 1:26-27: “If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.”


Why does God lump together - caring for Orphans - and keeping your tongue under control?  What do the two have to do with each other?


I like the part about caring for orphans....taking care of kids...I can do that.  I don't like the fact that God says if I can't keep my mouth from saying mean things.... then my religion might be worthless!  WHAT?  (better stop whining....)


OK - I understand that it's important to watch what I say - to be careful when I'm angry and not 'spout off' - but WHY lump that together with caring for orphans?


I'm so confused!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment