We are so excited that you have decided to look into the life of the Normal Beaty Bunch. We hope that these words will encourage you to fall passionately in love with Jesus and follow him with your whole life and heart!
RSS

Sunday, February 20, 2011

First - Actively Dying, then - Actively Living

A few months ago, my dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.  He was ready to die. He missed my mom - and was ready to meet Jesus.

Thanksgiving meal - we, the entire family, ate lunch a Thanksgiving meal with him!  What a neat time - for us to all be together!

A few weeks ago - we got the call that ... it's almost time.  He was weak, getting sicker, and Hospice had been called in to care for him.   We made the trip to Pontiac to see him - and the Hospice nurse said "Yes - he is actively dying."  She couldn't give a timeframe, as no one knows the day or the hour that one will die...but she did say it wouldn't be long.

Actively dying is an interesting term - dying seems like ... giving up. lifeless. the end. nothing. death.  ACTIVELY makes me think of excitement. hope. activity!  The two words just don't seem to go together.

But - for my dad - it made sense.  He was EXCITED to leave this world - and head into eternity with Jesus.  He had HOPE for the end.

I woke up February 12th, a Saturday morning, at 4:25 am.  I checked my phone to see if I had missed any phone calls - I hadn't.  Later that morning I learned that Dad had passed away - exactly at 4:25am - that same minute I had woke up to check!


His funeral was the following Wednesday.  Pastor Brian Bill from Pontiac Bible Church did an amazing job with the funeral -  (If you’d like to read it, simply click here.




It's such a relief to know that Dad is right where he's supposed to be - in heaven - worshiping God Almighty!  I'm excited about that!  He is ACTIVELY LIVING now - Wow!  How exciting is that! 



No comments:

Post a Comment