Last week BabyMomma complained that "L" comes to visits very dirty. She said that he has poop in his diapers, because he hasn't been wiped well. She doesn't like the way he's dressed. She says that we, as foster parents, aren't taking good care of little "L". She says his face is always dirty and he smells like rotten milk.
That irritates me. I still have all my kids. She doesn't.
My CASA helped me see something today - She said "This is BabyMomma's 'last ditch effort' to try to get to keep little "L". At least she's trying." I started thinking about that. God showed me something today.
As God and I talked about this, I began to think that BabyMomma might care about little "L". Maybe she's trying - to the best of her ability - to show that she cares. Maybe she even loves him? And maybe she doesn't know how to do any differently than this. And maybe she hurts.
So, I was thinking. What would happen if BabyMomma met Jesus? How would that change things?
And then I thought some more. Do my attempts to show love to my heavenly Father look as feeble as BabyMomma's attempts to show love to her baby?
Wow. Ouch.

I don't like reading things like this...because they convict! Thanks for posting.
ReplyDelete