We are so excited that you have decided to look into the life of the Normal Beaty Bunch. We hope that these words will encourage you to fall passionately in love with Jesus and follow him with your whole life and heart!
RSS

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Miracle on West Front Street

I absolutely love Christmas. I love the colors, the sounds, the smells, the presents!, the shopping, the Birthday party, everything about Christmas. Except... Santa. I HATE that part. That's the part that takes away for the REAL meaning of Christmas.

Miracle on 34th Street. Remember that movie?

Miracle on 34th Street messes with my view of Santa. The movie does a great job of pulling you into the heart of the story. You begin to love Susie. She slowly starts to love Kris. Kris Kringle. The court room. The judge. The lawyer. Susie. Susie's mom, Dorey. Kris' attorney, Bryan. The judge. Judge Henry Harper.

Judge Harper is faced with a tough job. He either finds Kris Kringle - crazy, and loses the support of the people of New York. Or, he finds Kris Kringle - to be a myth. I love the part when Judge Harper meets with Bryan after the second day of court. He says:

"I don't want to rule against your client. But I can't see how, given the facts, I can do otherwise. ... Believe me, if I had a way out of this....I'd take it." Remember that thought!

We had court today for our almost 2 year old foster son. This is just a messed up case. Birth mom surrendered her rights on July 14th, 2009. However, there are some other legal issues that MIGHT mean that her rights technically should not have been surrendered. She wants to 'un-do' her surrender.

I feel like our judge, in our foster son's case, is feeling a lot like Judge Harper. He wants to rule one way - but just doesn't see how, legally, he can. I believe that he feels 'caught' in the middle of this. It's a tough one for him.

The answer for Judge Harper came in a Christmas Card from little Susie. She gave him a one dollar bill, with "In God We Trust" circled. He began to explain that if the United States Government 'proves' that their money is good by saying they trust in God, then he can declare that Kris Kringle is indeed Santa. "In God We Trust" was the Miracle on 34th Street.

I am confident that the answer for our judge, in our court case, and for us, the Beaty Bunch, is "In God We Trust". Only God can figure out this deal, with these precious boys. I am trusting God for a miracle, a 'Miracle on West Front Street'.

No comments:

Post a Comment