We are so excited that you have decided to look into the life of the Normal Beaty Bunch. We hope that these words will encourage you to fall passionately in love with Jesus and follow him with your whole life and heart!
RSS

Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Battle Belongs to the Lord. 1 Samuel 17:45

Baby Levi came to live with us, January 17th. A helpless, fragile, preemie baby. God really needed to protect him. At times, I wonder if I'm out of my mind - taking in a LITTLE baby when I'm getting so old. Many times I've prayed - God, PLEASE make it clear - do YOU really want us to take him in - and probably adopt him?

A couple of weeks after he came to live with us, a card ended up in our mailbox at church. On the front - a picture of Goliath, and David standing in the background. And a sling - in his hands. Goliath has a HUGE spear. Inside, someone wrote:

'Love you, Beatys! Congratulations on your newest member.'

Inside the card - 3 $20 bills. A simple gift. No name - no way for me to thank them. Just a love gift, for the Beaty Bunch and Baby Levi.

I LOVE THIS BABY CARD! The battle for Levi, for his future, physically and spiritually, belongs to the Lord! I just need to trust and obey.

~ a couple of weeks later .... Pastor Ed handed Andrew a bank envelope. No name, no nothing. Just a simple explanation from Pastor Ed. "Someone wanted you to have this." $50. No way for me to thank this person - just a simple gift of love.

~ today.... Out of the blue....someone slipped an envelope into my purse today at church. It was an offering envelope - with the printed writing scratched out, and these words written across the front:

'for Andrew & Karen. We love you. Thanks for caring for kids.'

That's it. No name, no way of knowing who put it there - or why? Inside ~ a $50 bill. Wow! Thank you Jesus. That's Who I thank.

I believe this is the beginning of a long road towards adoption. Maybe this is the start of the 'adoption fund' we need to grow....

Who knows? I know...the Battle Belongs to the LORD.... I just follow and hang on tight!

1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    my name is Nicki and I went to school with Andrew. I have been following your lives just a little bit through fb. I do not know the right words to express my feelings about your newest addition. The little one is very lucky to be a part of your family. I am sure he will grow into a great person. A friend of mine gave birth to a premie 7 years ago-he weighed only 440 grams at birth--but has turned into a terror we all love! He goes to a special school to help him learn, but I know one day he will be able to live on his own and hold down a job. Will keep checking in-if thats okay!
    Give my best to Andrew-prehaps we all will meet someday at a reunion?

    ReplyDelete