After school is hard work. Anyone with kiddos knows that transitioning home from school can really mess with the best!! Today was no exception....
But let me back up first. Before 8 am I got a message from a friend:
Wow - TRUE religion - is caring for orphans ... (and even those orphans who've been adopted!!)
Today was a busy day for us... a couple of meetings and then paperwork on top of that... so I said:
(I'm learning to ask for help! This took me about 10 minutes to ask!)
and she said ...
WOW! What a servant's heart! Thank you Jesus! Today is going to be a GREAT day!
I went on about my day - showered, fixed hair (even looked cute!), wore a new shirt, got some paperwork done. I was feeling pretty good about myself!
Our afternoon meeting was .... interesting. Concerned friends, checking in on us to make sure we are doing OK. "Your kids are a handful, they are getting worse. They are struggling, and life is going to get harder and harder for you two. More than just surviving, we want you to thrive. What can we do to make sure you're thriving?" They didn't have the answers, because there are NOT any easy answers, but they care - and they showed that!
Hurry home - kids get off of bus soon - then CHAOS begins! Titus first, then Noah, then Samuel. It was rough. Titus was crabby, Noah was angry. Samuel ... just meltdown material!
Daddy did an EXCELLENT job of calming Samuel (for the time being) and Noah and Titus went outside to play.
Our supper arrived, and I talk with my friend... THANKS so much for making our day just a little bit easier.
BANG! BANG! BANG! Noah has a rock and he's hitting the window.
I quickly say Good Bye to Jena, and Andrew and I corral Noah and try to figure out what's going on. Maybe it was a rough day at school. Maybe his clothes don't feel right. Who knows, but we have to stop the banging.
CRACK!!!
WHAT was that NOISE?
WHOA...the window SHATTERED!!
WHOA...the window SHATTERED!!
...survive....just survive...
forget trying to THRIVE
Noah had his meltdown. Cam came to help
(although the screaming was loud and he hid his head in the pillows!)
Eventually, Noah calmed down and went to sit on the picnic bench and look at the window.
Noah sat on the picnic bench...and tried to process what happened. He doesn't know why he hit the window, he doesn't want to talk about it....
And then, the moment God spoke ...
Karen. I love Noah more than you do. I love all the kids more than you do. More than you can ever dream or imagine.
Karen. I called you to this. Don't just survive. THRIVE!"

No comments:
Post a Comment