We are so excited that you have decided to look into the life of the Normal Beaty Bunch. We hope that these words will encourage you to fall passionately in love with Jesus and follow him with your whole life and heart!
RSS

Monday, October 20, 2014

A Challenge but GOD is FAITHFUL!!

I'm working on clutter ... I mean PAPERWORK ... at my desk - listening to Pandora.  I'm wondering how I can raise this money for our 5 boys and their service dog, and I'm feeling slightly discouraged.

(Ok - honesty here - I almost started to complain.)

(God - you gave us these boys.  
We need some help - they need the service dog - 
WHY is it taking so long to raise money? 
Why can't someone just give us $1000 to jumpstart this????)

OK - I was complaining.  
(It's only been a couple of weeks that we've started the fundraising!)

Then - the 'Facebook ding' - someone messaged me ....

"Hey Karen!  Hope you guys are well!  I wanted to give you a little proposition!  We would like to donate to the Paws 4 Beatys, but we would like to do it in the form of a challenge.  My husband and I will match the total donations that come in from now until the end of October up to $500. 

WHAT??? 
I reread this - and then felt slightly guilty - I could have just asked God to encourage me - and He would have - I didn't have to complain!

She went on to say:
"You can share the challenge, of course, with other to get them to contribute.  I hope  it helps spur others to donate and we are excited to see what happens!"


WOW!!
I'm sure excited too -

Then I realized that God was playing this song on Pandora ...



....and as I listen right then - here's the words I heard:

Knowing that for every step
You were with  us
Kneeling on this battle ground
Seeing just how much You've done

But with Joy our hearts can say

Never once
Did we ever walk alone

Never once
Did You leave us on our own

You are FAITHFUL!

GOD!  You are FAITHFUL!!!!!


My friend went on to say:
"Share away! and let's see what God can do!  Again, the thanks goes to HIM!"

Yes - as always... The thanks goes to HIM!!

BUT THE STORY GOES ON!!!
"Another email ... We would like to match that first $500" ...

So...if I can figure my math correctly ... 

That means for every dollar donated in the next 10 days
it will not only be doubled - but TRIPLED!!

Yes - as always... The thanks goes to HIM!! 

Would you like to help meet the challenge in the next 10 days?  Here's one way or email me for more information.


** When God meets the $500 challenge 
with $500 ...
and another $500
... that's $1500 **


Oh - if only I'd deal with my kids whinings like God deals with mine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment