We are so excited that you have decided to look into the life of the Normal Beaty Bunch. We hope that these words will encourage you to fall passionately in love with Jesus and follow him with your whole life and heart!
RSS

Friday, June 21, 2013

Not 'good bye' ... but ...thank God for cows!


I've been working on coming up with a catchy status for facebook - one that everyone would like, and comment on, and say cute things about - as Hannah and Jordan pack their truck and move to Spokane Washington.

I failed.  Nothing cute - but nothing sad either.  See - I'm really excited for them.  So many people get excited when their babies get accepted into the right school, or land the right job, or get that promotion (all of which are GREAT things) but what REALLY gets me going - REALLY gets me excited - is seeing my babies FOLLOW GOD.

Jordan and Hannah are headed off to FOLLOW GOD - to pursue His work in their life.  What more could a momma ask for?  A good house, or FOLLOW GOD?

Yes - I'll miss them - so will my babies (who cry EACH and EVERY time I say something about 'moving truck') ....But they are FOLLOWING GOD.

Their oldest uncle told my mother once - "It's safer to be in the middle of a war, and in God's plan, than to be here at home with Mom, and not in God's plan."  I'm thankful Hannah and Jordan are in the smack dab middle of God's plan.

Hannah - this is just for you:

Noah~playing quietly - SUDDENLY throws train across the room.
Me~"Noah! What's wrong?"
Noah~"I'm MAD at Hannah!"
Me~"Why are you mad at Hannah?"
Noah~"Jordan won't take me to the farm anymore!"
Me~"So shouldn't you be mad at Jordan?"
Noah~"No! He showed me the cow peeing in the mud!  But I'm mad at HANNAH!"

Me~"It's ok Noah.  Hannah and Jordan are following God."

No comments:

Post a Comment