We are so excited that you have decided to look into the life of the Normal Beaty Bunch. We hope that these words will encourage you to fall passionately in love with Jesus and follow him with your whole life and heart!
RSS

Sunday, December 2, 2012

All I want for Christmas is a Clean House and a Happy Home

Ask my kids what I want for Christmas - and they'll all recite (in a funny, high pitched voice)  A CLEAN HOUSE AND A HAPPY HOME!

Seriously - that's all  I really want from my kids.  (Now - my husband -that's a different story - I've got a list for him!)  But from my kids - even the married ones - I really just want a clean house - and a happy home.

#1 A CLEAN HOUSE

Now - reality - REALLY????  A clean house-  with 9 kids living here?  THERE'S NO WAY!  Cleaned the bathroom, someone peed on the wall.  Empty the sink, someone puts dishes in there.  Mop the floor, someone spills applesauce and runs and hides!  Shampoo the carpet, someone spills their drink. A clean house will never happen while we live here.

Maybe that clean house will happen when the youngest child moves out on his own????

#2 A HAPPY HOME

Really - all I want is kids to not fight - to not steal their siblings toy, or their hairbrush.  To not scream at each other "I had that first!". To allow the other to go first to wash their hands.  To sit by each other and not poke or hit or pinch.

Maybe that happy home will happen when the children move out?

Today, at church, Caleb and Hannah were sitting side by side, with their spouses on the outside.  They weren't poking each other, they weren't hitting or pinching or kicking or fussing at each other....

This is the first of many 'happy home' Christmas gifts!  THANKS GUYS!!!

1 comment:

  1. "Maybe that clean house will happen when the youngest child moves out on his own????"

    Are you ever going to have a "youngest child?" It seems that you just bring in replacements as they age out. : )

    ReplyDelete