We are so excited that you have decided to look into the life of the Normal Beaty Bunch. We hope that these words will encourage you to fall passionately in love with Jesus and follow him with your whole life and heart!
RSS

Friday, April 9, 2021

Stories never Told



The Bible never talks about the times that a leper had faith, and was NOT healed.  We don't read a story about how the woman's faith did NOT heal her issue of blood, even after 12 years. We don't see the situation where Jesus was asked to come 'heal my child, he is very sick and is near to death', and Jesus says "Not today, friend. Not today."

Our 26 year old son told me yesterday, "Mom. I was thinking about Pastor Mike's sermon from Sunday."  (AWESOME!!)  "God isn't done with our brothers.  He is still writing their story.  He can heal them."

(MomFail coming up)  "Yes Son, He can heal them. He is still writing their story.  But God may choose to not heal them.  That may be part of their story"   ((OH MOM of LITTLE FAITH))

My faith is strong.  I understand all of the above.  I'm OK with what God is doing and not doing.  I trust Him. I wonder why God allowed us to fall in love with these boys - just to take them away.  Then, Benjamin, in his "profound" understanding, says "I am glad I have God with me."   "Why won't God heal me?"  "I can't wait to get to heaven. I wish it would happen tonight!" "Mom, I need to see a doctor, I want to die"

HOW IN THE WORLD do you explain to a very simple mind ... hearing voices that no one else hears is NOT OK...but hearing GOD speak to you IS ok??  

Aaron says "You tell me to pray, but what if I don't believe in God. Then what?"  And how do you explain to (again, a very simple mind) that yes, we love you and never want you to leave, but we are pursuing Residential to keep you safe, and keep the rest of the boys safe.  We desperately want you to fall in love with Jesus, but the only residentials placement facilities are NOT a great place to learn about Jesus.   and..".NO, Jesus has NOT healed your brother from psychosis.  It's not contagious, but yes, Aaron, it does run in families." (oh, by the way, Jesus loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life/your brother's life.)

I am so very thankful - that GOD is the One in control, and sees the big picture, and all I need to do is crawl up in His lap and rest.

(I KNOW!  I KNOW!! Not a MomFail - but it got you to read this!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment