We are so excited that you have decided to look into the life of the Normal Beaty Bunch. We hope that these words will encourage you to fall passionately in love with Jesus and follow him with your whole life and heart!
RSS

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Someday.....

Steve Jobs died yesterday.  He was the creator/founder of Apple.  Worth more money than any of us can imagine.  He ... was adopted.  Born to a single mom and her boyfriend.  They 'gave him up' for adoption.

I wonder how his birth mom feels - knowing that was 'her boy'?  I wonder how his adopted parents felt - as he became famous and rich?  I bet he made both mommas PROUD.

My adopted boy made me proud this morning.  Samuel brought me this book:


He said "Baby Jesus died. He died on the cross.  Bad guys killed him.  They used swords." (MUCH EMOTION in these words!!!)  "LOOK!  Look - there's the cross. Baby Jesus died."

Gently - I explained that it's when we do bad things, when we're naughty, that's why Jesus died.

"Oh." (He's processing that.)  Someday - he'll be 'so sorry' for Baby Jesus.

Samuel made me proud.  He cares about Baby Jesus. He cares that Baby Jesus was killed. By bad guys. By swords. ON A CROSS!!!

Someday, Baby Jesus will give us the privilege of helping Samuel make Baby Jesus his Savior.

Nothing could make a momma more proud - her 'adopted boy'  asking the Creator of the apple to be his Lord and Savior!

Someday....

SOMEDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment